Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Blog Assignment 1-Goals and Fears
Coming into this Web Design 1 class I didn't know how to feel. I have never dealt with designing websites, and have never dabbled in the art of writing HTML. As a Graphic Design major I didn't expect to have to learn how to create websites, but as time progresses I'm beginning to understand just how important the web has become. Their are many tools that the web possesses that are, and will be, beneficial to my career in the future. Facebook alone is one of the major tools for graphic designers in the future. On Facebook you can create a page specifically for your freelance company, showing what you offer and displaying some past work you created for clients. With the rise in web sites and personal blogs you can use Google Reader to subscribe, via RSS, to the these sites and blogs and instantly know what's going on in the design world. I have a friend who works as a independent Graphic Designer who possesses his own website for his business, but also uses Facebook for his business, which has generated numerous job opportunities for him. For this Web Design 1 class I would like to know the basics of writing HTML, and the basics of JAVA and interactive areas of web design.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment